Thursday, March 22, 2007

If Soujourner Truth was alive today ...


My Letter for Woman's Rights
by M. W.

I think if Sojourner Truth was still alive today. She would be dispointed at the young black woman today, because in our generation today, black woman are having babies. Black woman are not teaching the children right. I also think Sojourner Truth say that she tryed so hard to stand up for woman rights, and now they have abruse them. So I think Sojourner Truth would be very dispointed at the young "Black Womans" today.


A Man Over There

by M.B.

A man over there say
A woman can't work like a man,
She needs his help, she needs his helping hand

A man over there say
We need to be house wives,
We need to make food with forks and knives

The man over there
He need to look again,
We can do the same, or even more than a man

A man over there say
We can't leave our homes
He say when we talk to him it has to be in a low tone

But the man over there,
That is saying all this stuff
Don't realize my life been bad and really really rough

I'm here to say that the man over there,
Needs to shut up, he's wrong
That's why I'm here today reciting my poem

A man over there,
That is listenting to my speech
Now knows that we have our own minds and we not scared to speak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home