Sunday, July 23, 2006

Without his lifelong friend, Puff could not be brave ..

So funny that we're all leaving, one of the best and most important things from the summer is the support network I know that we will all be for one another throughout the coming year, but that network feels a little frayed around the edges right now. For the first time since May, we all have different schedules, different agendas, different things to do, and .. most noticeably ... a lot of us are headed in different directions. Some of us are headed home.

First night in Jackson, and a bunch of us don't have electricity in our apartments (for those of us who have apartments!), already circumstances are bringing us together again.

I've talked to people who've talked to people, and the consensus is in, that we shouldn't be worried about it, we're not all that far apart, and circumstances ... no doubt ... will keep us together and bring us into new and intriguing configurations. I believe them, and I know they're right, but I still dawdled getting my stuff together this morning. I still didn't really want to leave. This weekend was fun, I think a lot of people were putting off the inevitable just a little bit, stalling just a little bit ... Two hours isn't far, but it's not the same as living and playing and working together, either. We'll do well, we'll go out, we'll make our mark, we'll reconvene, but in the meantime ... We'll miss each other. at least a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home