Saturday, September 02, 2006

Unexpected Surprises

A veteran teacher at my school who I don't even know very well came by to chat this Thursday after school. One of those calm cool and collected types, very chill, very professional, and very much a breath of fresh air in my perpetually unfinished, ragtag, messy little classroom.

We just hung out for a while, and basically I don't think I shut my mouth a single time, and it's been a long time since I've met somebody new who I could just TALK to like that. And he just listened, and told me a little bit about himself, and tried to help me with all my problems (somehow in the FIRST FOUR WEEKS OF SCHOOL I've already managed to create potentially antagonistic relationships with 2 of the 3 "most important people in the school" according to every knowledgable source -- eep!). It helped put a lot of things in perspective for me. I think I'm just a teensy bit less insane now.

Also, shout-out to Elizabeth for clearly being one of those people who does actually give a d***.

Yay for people who care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home